Are you experiencing any of the following?
- I feel a calling to come home but I’m not sure what that home is
- I attend Mass infrequently and it feels like I’m just going through the motions
- With all the recent changes in our culture, I am having a difficult time seeing how Catholicism fits into the modern world
- I want to raise my children in the Faith but I’m not participating
- I don’t feel fully part of the Faith; something is missing or broken
- I’m spiritual, not religious. Why do I need to go to Mass or confess to a Priest?
- The Mass has changed so much that I don’t know what’s going on
- I’m angry at the Church I have questions about God
- Can I be Catholic if I don’t agree with all the doctrines
- I don’t know who to talk to or what to do
The Awaken Your Faith ministry is here for Catholics who have been disconnected with the worshipping community for a while or who are already in the process of returning and are looking for caring support or guidance. Our purpose is to provide various means to help people embrace full and active participation in the sacraments and the parish life of the Ave Maria faith community. We offer resources and guidance through group or individual settings designed to help people find answers to their faith questions and doubts. Such settings can help many people, particularly anyone who has a desire to reconnect more deeply with the Catholic Church whether or not they attend Mass regularly. We aim to create an environment where all questions are welcome. We cannot claim to have all the answers about the Catholic faith but together, we can find the answers or point you to someone in the parish who can.
Fall 2013 Activities
CATHOLICISM – by Fr. Robert Baron
We are viewing and discussing the ten-part documentary series Catholicism in order to come to a deeper understanding of the faith. This will provide an educational update for anyone who has been away from the sacraments and to usher them home. We are prepared to walk with anyone who wonders if a return to the sacramental life of the Church is what is missing in their life.
• When: Wed., Sept. 18th through Nov. 20th • Time: 7-8:30 PM • Where: Sept 18 in Katharine Drexel – all other gatherings will be in Ave Maria School
Library (second floor)
Following the video there will be a brief discussion and time for questions. The series is comprised of the following ten DVD sessions, so feel free to attend all sessions or the ones you find particularly relevant. You can find out more about this series at http://www.wordonfire.org.
- Sep 18 Amazed and Afraid – The Revelation of God Become Man Happy Are We – The Teachings of Jesus
- Sep 25 The Ineffable Mystery of God – That Than Which Nothing Greater Can Be ThoughtOct 2
- Oct 9 Our Tainted Nature’s Solitary Boast – Mary, the Mother of God
- Oct 16 The Indispensable Men – Peter, Paul and the Missionary Adventure
- Oct 23 A Body Both Suffering and Glorious – The Mystical Union of Christ and the Church
- Oct 30 Word Made Flesh, True Bread of Heaven – The Mystery of the Liturgy & the Eucharist
- Nov 6 A Vast Company of Witnesses – The Communion of Saints
- Nov 13 The Fire of His Love – Prayer and the Life of the Spirit
- Nov 20 World Without End – The Last Things
For more information, please contact:
Bob Farina 720-289-2607
Peter Morris 303-319-3993
We will startup another series of weekly meetings again in early January 2014 and follow an expanded format using CDs, books and DVDs. We have some topics already selected but we are hoping the Fall sessions will generate additional subject ideas.
Want to Consider Joining the Ministry?
If providing support to people who are looking for answers about the Faith seems like a worthy mission to you, please pray on it to discern if you may have a calling to give your time and talents to this ministry. We need to be proactive as a community, especially in The Year of Faith, in inviting people to return to active participation, to help them grow in their faith and to encourage them to be agents of the gospel in the world. The Awaken Your Faith ministry encourages all of us to take on the heart of Christ, by seeking out those who are lost and to rejoice with them on their return.
This is an exciting opportunity for parishioners to work with others to develop ways to help questioning or inactive Catholics rediscover the truth and beauty of the Faith. We are in the early stages of building a team that has real vigor and clear focus; so, please consider being part of defining the direction we take this ministry into the future.
160 total views, 2 views today