Mandatory parent meeting to be held on Tuesday, October 7 from 7:00-8:00 pm in Brownstein Hall. Both parent and teen are required to be present. SET Training and Refresher immediately following meeting.
CALLING ALL TEENS to COMPASSION IN ACTION!!!
Want a great way to contribute to your community through social justice and earn community service hours? Are you in 8th Grade or above? This is the program for you!
- Compassion in Action is a social justice outreach program designed to connect teens with relationships beyond their friends. It connects teens with adults in the parish, the needy in their community, and to the larger Church. The focus is human dignity and will be centered on the Principles of Catholic Social Teaching.
- How it works: teens who sign up for this program will be going out into the community, one Saturday per month, for 5 months, to volunteer their time and talent. Participants may be serving the elderly, the poor, the disabled, the Earth and animals at a variety of different work sites.
- Each teen who completes this program will receive 25+ hours of community service.
- Work site dates: Oct. 25th, Nov. 22nd, Jan. 24th, Feb. 28th and Mar. 14th from 9am-3pm.
- Please contact David Riddle for questions at 720-237-6899.
164 total views, 4 views today